(128) I. Mukherjee, H. Dekate, P. Purkayastha, On the Effect of Folic Acid Derived Carbon Nanodots in Modulating the Noncanonical I-Motif DNA Structures, ACS Appl. Nano Mater. 2023 (DOI: 10.1021/acsanm.3c00973)
(127) A. Chatterjee, A. K. Sharma, S. Pramanick, O. S. Jaykishan, P. Purkayastha, Dual Stimuli-Responsive BSA-Protected Silver Nanocluster-Driven “FRET On–Off” within the Niosomal Membrane: An Amalgamation of Restoration of Aggregation-Induced Quenched Fluorescence and Energy Transfer, J. Phys. Chem. C 2023, 127, 797-806
(126) N. Ghorai, S. Bhunia, H. N. Ghosh, P. Purkayastha and S. Mondal, Ultrafast Insights into Full-Color Light-Emitting C-Dots, Nanoscale 2022,14, 15812-15820.
(125) A. Chatterjee and P. Purkayastha, Events at the interface: How do interfaces modulate the dynamics and functionalities of guest molecules? Langmuir, 38, 2022, 12415-12420 (Invited Perspective Article).
(124) P. Purkayastha, S. Bhunia and T. Das, Therapeutic applications of metal nanoclusters, Luminescent Metal Nanoclusters: Synthesis, Characterization, and Applications, 1st Edition, 2022, Ch. 17, Pages 493-516, Elsevier.
(123) A. Chatterjee, Ruturaj, M. P. Chakraborty, S. Nandi and P. Purkayastha, Biocompatible and optically stable hydrophobic fluorescent carbon dots for isolation and imaging of lipid rafts in model membrane, Anal. Bioanal. Chem. 414, 2022, 6055-6067.
(122) A. Chatterjee, A. Sharma and P. Purkayastha, Development of a carbon dot and methylene blue NIR-emitting FLIM-FRET pair in niosomes for controlled ROS generation , Nanoscale 2022, 14, 6570-6584.
(121) R. Sinha and P. Purkayastha, Metal-free catalysis for efficient reduction of 4-nitrophenol by graphene quantum dots controlled by the surface trapped water molecules, Mater. Lett., 2022, 316, 132054.
(120) D. Halder, A. Mallick and P. Purkayastha, DNA-flavonoid pH sensitive host-guest mechanism to sense fluoride ions and construction of molecular logic gates, J. Photochem. Photobiol. A, 2022, 428, 113857.
(119) R. Sinha, A. Chatterjee and P. Purkayastha, Graphene quantum dot assisted translocation of daunomycin through ordered lipid membrane: A study by fluorescence lifetime imaging microscopy and resonance energy transfer, J. Phys. Chem. B, 2022, 126, 1232-1241.
(118) P. Purkayastha, Modulation of fluorescence of fluorophores by cyclodextrins forming supported suprastructures to nanoparticles, Polysaccharide Nanoparticles: Preparation and Biomedical Applications, Micro and Nano Technologies, 2022, Ch. 21, Pages 583-603, Elsevier.
(117) D. Halder and P. Purkayastha, Impact of cationic surfactant-induced DNA compaction on the characteristics of a minor groove bound flavonol, Soft Matter, 2022, 18, 938 - 942.
(116) S. Bhunia, N. Ghorai, S. Burai, P. Purkayastha, H. N. Ghosh and S. Mondal, Unravelling the carrier dynamics and photocatalytic pathway in carbon dots and pollutants of wastewater system, J. Phys. Chem. C 2021, 125, 27252-27259.
(115) I. Mukherjee, A. Ghosh and P. Purkayastha, Förster resonance energy transfer from carbon nanoparticles to a DNA-bound compound: A method to detect the nature of binding , J. Phys. Chem. B 2021, 125, 10126-10137.
(114) N. S. Mandal, A. Chatterjee and P. Purkayastha, Selectivity of diallyl trisulfides (DATS) in reducing HAuCl4 to produce gold nanoparticles: A detailed investigation, J. Chem. Sci. 2021, 133, 90.
(113) A. Ghosh, S. K. Seth, A. Ghosh, P. Pattanayak, A. Mallick, P. Purkayastha, A new compound for sequential sensing of picric acid and aliphatic amines: Physicochemical details and construction of molecular logic gates, Chem. Asian J. 2021, 16, 1157-1164.
(112) S. Bhunia, M. Mukherjee and P. Purkayastha, Photosensitization dynamics of stable copper nanoclusters inside the aqueous core of reverse micelles with different pool size, Langmuir 2021, 37, 3500-3507.
(111) A. Chatterjee and P. Purkayastha, The impact of lipid head-groups in GUVs on electron transfer by surface-adsorbed fluorescent gold nanoclusters, Mater. Adv. 2021, 2, 1343-1350.
(110) S. Bhunia, K. Gangopadhyay, A. Ghosh, S. K. Seth, R. Das and P. Purkayastha, Arginine-modified fluorescent gold nanoclusters for Förster resonance energy transfer with hemicyanine dye: A biofriendly approach, ACS Appl. Nano Mater. 2021, 4, 305-312.
(109) A. Mallick, T. Das and P. Purkayastha, New bright sensor with logic sense to detect early onset of malignancy: A direct observation, Mater. Lett. 2021, 286, 129262.
(108) R. Sinha and P. Purkayastha, Daunomycin delivery by ultrasmall graphene quantum dots to DNA duplex: Understanding the dynamics by resonance energy transfer, J. Mater. Chem. B 2020, 8, 9756-9763.
(107) S. Bhunia, S. Adhikary and P. Purkayastha, Energy transfer from luminescent gold nanoclusters to non-luminescent silver nanoparticles from a new perspective, J. Mol. Liq. 2020, 318, 114048.
(106) S. K. Seth and P. Purkayastha, Unusually large singlet oxygen (1O2) production by very weakly emissive pyrene-functionalized iridium(III) complex: Interplay between excited 3ILCT/3IL and 3MLCT states, Eur. J. Inorg. Chem. 2020, 2020, 2990–2997.
(105) M. Mukherjee and P. Purkayastha, The exposed amino acids on protein skeleton control protein adsorption on surface-engineered silver nanoparticles, Chem. Phys. Lett. 748, 2020, 137406.
(104) M. Mukherjee, K. Gangopadhyay, R. Das and P. Purkayastha, Development of non-ionic surfactant and protein-coated ultrasmall silver nanoparticles: increased viscoelasticity enables potency in biological applications, ACS Omega 5, 2020, 8999.
(103) M. Mukherjee and P. Purkayastha, The influence of gold nanoparticles on reduction of [Co(NH3)5Br](NO3)2 by Iron(II), SN Appl. Sci. 2, 2020, 618.
(102) N. Singh, S. Bhunia and P. Purkayastha, Silver nanoclusters are probably better and cheaper protecting agents for protein from UVC radiation compared to gold nanoclusters, Spectrochim. Acta A 229, 2020, 117911.
(101) R. Banerjee, R. Sinha and P. Purkayastha, β-cyclodextrin encapsulated coumarin 6 on graphene oxide nanosheets: impact on ground state electron transfer and excited state energy transfer, ACS Omega 4, 2019, 16153-16158.
(100) D. Halder, A. Mallick and P. Purkayastha, Doping dopamine in carbon dot: a new multifunctional logic based decision making molecule, Langmuir 35, 2019, 10885-10889.
(99) S. Bhunia, S. K. Seth, P. Gupta, M. Karmakar, P. K. Datta and P. Purkayastha, Ultrafast photoinduced electron transfer from cyclometalated rhodium and iridium complexes to cyan emitting copper nanoclusters: Footsteps toward light harvesting, ChemistrySelect 4, 2019, 8568-8573.
(98) S. Bhunia and P. Purkayastha, Transformation of 3D cubic CsPbBr3 nanocrystals to massive gold-embedded perovskite platelets using surfactant coated gold nanoclusters, Mater. Lett. 253, 2019, 109-112.
(97) A. Ghosh, S. K. Seth and P. Purkayastha, Micelle mediated rapid thiazolidine ring formation putting pyrene tag to L-cysteine, J. Mol. Liq. 285, 2019, 545-550.
(96) S. Bhunia, S. Kumar and P. Purkayastha, Dependence of ultrafast dynamics in gold-silver alloy nanoclusters on the proportion of the metal content, SN Appl. Sci. 1, 2019, 449.
(95) S. Bhunia, S. Kumar and P. Purkayastha, Application of photoinduced electron transfer with copper nanoclusters towards finding characteristics of protein pockets, ACS Omega 4, 2019, 2523-2532.
(94) A. Ghosh, S. K. Seth and P. Purkayastha, Controlled formation of hydrated micelles by the intervention of cyclodextrins, ChemPlusChem 84, 2019, 130-135.
(93) A. Ghosh, S. K. Seth and P. Purkayastha, Surfactant and cyclodextrin induced vesicle to micelle to vesicle transition in aqueous medium, Langmuir 34, 2018, 11503–11509.
(92) R. Banerjee and P. Purkayastha, Interaction of coumarin 6 with carbon nanotubes: Disintegration of the microcrystalline state by surfactant aggregation on the nanotube surface, J. Mol. Liq. 271, 2018, 397-402.
(91) A. Ghosh, S. K. Seth and P. Purkayastha, A pyrene-benzothiazole probe that is ultrasensitive to the environment polarity and its own characteristics, ChemistrySelect 3, 2018, 8942-8946.
(90) A. Ghosh, S. K. Seth and P. Purkayastha, Undulation induced tuning of electron acceptance by edge-oxidized graphene oxide, Spectrochim. Acta: A 204, 2018,425-431.
(89) D. Halder and P. Purkayastha, A flavonol that acts as a potential DNA minor groove binder as also an efficient G-quadruplex loop binder, J. Mol. Liq. 265, 2018, 69-76.
(88) P. Purkayastha, Photophysical modulations of biologically potent small molecules in biocompatible microheterogeneous environments created by cyclodextrins and lipid vesicles, Indian J. Chem., Sect. B 57, 2018, 254-264. (Invited perspective article)
(87) S. Bhunia, S. Kumar and P. Purkayastha, Gold nanocluster-grafted cyclodextrin suprastructures: formation of nanospheres to nanocubes with intriguing photophysics, ACS Omega 3, 2018, 1492-1497
(86) K. Santra and P. Purkayastha, Combination of hollow fluorescent carbon and gold nanoparticles: A super-catalyst, Spectrochim. Acta: A 191, 2018, 221-225.
(85) R. Banerjee and P. Purkayastha, Piecemeal rekindling of Coumarin 6 fluorescence on stepwise unfolding of protein by surfactant, J. Phys. Chem. B 121, 2017, 11449−11454.
(84) A. Ghosh and P. Purkayastha, Surface hovering of probe on cyclodextrin nanoparticle that is otherwise sequestered in isolated cyclodextrin cavity, ChemistrySelect 2, 2017, 9679-9683.
(83) S. Das, S. K. Seth, P. Gupta and P. Purkayastha, Intriguing interaction of a cyclometalated dinuclear Ir(III) complex bridged by imidazoyl phenanthroline with anionic and cationic lipid vesicles, J. Lumin. 192, 2017, 1196-1202.
(82) S. Das and P. Purkayastha, Modulating Thiazole Orange aggregation in giant lipid vesicles: Photophysical study associated with FLIM and FCS, ACS Omega 2, 2017, 5036-5043.
(81) R. Banerjee and P. Purkayastha, Revival of nearly extinct fluorescence of coumarin 6 in water and complete transfer of energy to rhodamine 123, Soft Matter 13, 2017, 5506-5508.
(80) S. Das and P. Purkayastha, A fluorescence lifetime imaging microscopy (FLIM) supported investigation on temperature dependent penetration of dopamine in DMPG lipid bilayer, Langmuir, 33, 2017, 7281-7287.
(79) S. K. Seth, P. Gupta and P. Purkayastha, Efficiency of photoinduced electron transfer in mono- and di-nuclear iridium complexes: A comparative study, New J. Chem., 41, 2017, 6540-6545.
(78) S. Das and P. Purkayastha, Selective binding of Thioflavin T in sequence exchanged single strand DNA oligomers and further interaction with phospholipid membranes, ChemistrySelect, 2, 2017, 5000-5007 .
(77) S. Das and P. Purkayastha, Gold nanocluster-protection of protein from UVC radiation: A model study on bovine serum albumin, ACS Omega, 2, 2017, 2451-2458.
(76) S. K. Seth, S. Mandal, K. Srikanth, P. Purkayastha and P. Gupta, Electronic description on photophysics of homo and hetero dinuclear cyclometalated iridium and rhodium, Eur. J. Inorg. Chem. 2017, 2017, 873-880.
(75) R. Banerjee, S. Mondal and P. Purkayastha, Revival, enhancement and tuning of fluorescence from Coumarin 6: combination of host-guest chemistry, viscosity and collisional quenching, RSC Adv., 6, 2016, 105347-105349.
(74) S. Mondal and P. Purkayastha, α-cyclodextrin functionalized carbon dots: Pronounced photoinduced electron transfer by aggregated nanostructures, J. Phys. Chem. C 120, 2016, 14365–14371.
(73) S. Mondal and P. Purkayastha, Hollow fluorescent carbon nanoparticles, in Carbon Nanomaterials Sourcebook: Nanoparticles, Nanocapsules, Nanofibers, Nanoporous Structures, and Nanocomposites, Volume II, Ed. Klaus D. Sattler, CRC Press, 2016.
(72) T. Das, D. K. Poria and P. Purkayastha, NIR-emitting chiral gold nanoclusters coated with gamma-cyclodextrin are pH sensitive: Application as biomarker, Nanomedicine 12, 2016, 1105-1112.
(71) S. Mondal, S. K. Seth, P. Gupta and P. Purkayastha, Ultrafast Photoinduced Electron Transfer between Carbon Nanoparticles and Cyclometalated Rhodium and Iridium Complexes, J. Phys. Chem. C 119, 2015, 25122–25128.
(70) S. Das, A. Maity and P. Purkayastha, Effect of environment pH on the photophysics of fisetin in solid lipid nanoparticles, J. Photochem. Photobiol. B: Biology 153, 2015, 305-310.
(69) S. Mondal, T. Das, A. Maity, S. K. Seth and P. Purkayastha, Synergic influence of reverse micelle confinement on enhancement in photoinduced electron transfer to and from carbon nanoparticles, J. Phys. Chem. C 119, 2015, 13887–13892.
(68) S. K. Seth, S. Mandal, P. Purkayastha and P. Gupta, Cyclometalated mono and dinuclear rhodium(III) and iridium(III) complexes with imidazolyl phenanthrolines: Synthesis, photophysical and electrochemical studies, Polyhedron, 95, 2015, 14-23.
(67) T. N. Nag, T. Das, S. Mondal, A. Maity, and P. Purkayastha, Promoting the “water-wire” mechanism of double proton transfer in [2,2'-Bipyridyl]-3,3'-diol by porous gold nanoparticles, Phys. Chem. Chem. Phys. 17, 2015, 6572 - 6576.
(66) T. Das, A. Maity, S. Mondal and P. Purkayastha, Modulation of energy/electron transfer in gold nanoclusters by single walled carbon nanotubes and further consequences, Spectrochim. Acta A 141, 2015, 144-148.
(65) P. Ghosh, T. Das, A. Maity, S. Mondal and P. Purkayastha, Incorporation of Coumarin 6 in cyclodextrins: Microcrystals to lamellar composites, RSC Adv., 5, 2015, 4214 - 4218.
(64) S. Mondal, T. Das, P. Ghosh, A. Maity, A. Mallick and P. Purkayastha, Surfactant chain length controls photoinduced electron transfer in surfactant bilayer protected carbon nanoparticles, Mater. Lett. 141, 2015, 252-254.
(63) S. Mondal, M. Chatti, A. Mallick and P. Purkayastha, pH triggered reversible photoinduced electron transfer to and from carbon nanoparticles, Chem. Commun. 50, 2014, 6890-6893.
(62) P. Ghosh and P. Purkayastha, Selective interaction of methylindoloquinolines with DNA, RSC Adv. 4, 2014, 22442–22448.
(61) N. Kedia, A. Sarkar, P. Purkayastha and S. Bagchi, An electronic spectroscopic study of micellisation and solvation of homomicelles formed by cationic or anionic surfactants using a solvatochromic electron donor acceptor dye, Spectrochim. Acta A 131, 2014, 398-406.
(60) A. Sarkar, N. Kedia, P. Purkayastha and S. Bagchi, Spectroscopic study on encapsulation of two structurally similar donor–acceptor dyes in model cyclodextrin nanocavity, J. Mol. Struct. 1068, 2014, 228-236.
(59) A. Sarkar, N. Kedia, P. Purkayastha and S. Bagchi, UV–Vis spectral investigation of photophysical properties of a solvatochromic electron donor/acceptor dye within a reverse micelle domain, Chem. Phys. Lett., 592, 2014, 138-143.
(58) N. Kedia, A. Sarkar, P. Purkayastha and S. Bagchi, Probing aggregation and encapsulation behaviour of structurally akin ketocyanine dyes in aqueous media containing β-cyclodextrin: A spectroscopic analysis, J. Mol. Liq., 195, 2014, 259–266.
(57) A. Maity, S. Das, P. Ghosh, T. Das, S. K. Seth, S. Mondal, P. Gupta and P. Purkayastha, Dynamics of pyrene semicarbazide and pyrene thiosemicarbazide in reverse micelle of AOT in n-heptane: Probing critical penetration of water molecules toward the palisade, Chem. Phys. Lett. 587, 2013, 30-34.
(56) S. Mondal, T. Das, P. Ghosh, A. Maity, A. Mallick and P. Purkayastha, FRET-based characterization of surfactant bilayer protected core-shell carbon
nanoparticles: Advancement toward carbon nanotechnology, Chem. Commun.
49, 2013, 7638-7640.
(55) P. Ghosh, A. Maity, T. Das, S. Mondal and P. Purkayastha, (2,2′-Bipyridyl)-3-3′-diol in lipid vesicles: Slowed down dynamics of proton transfer, Soft Matter 9, 2013, 8512-8518.
(54) S. Mondal, T. Das, P. Ghosh, A. Maity and P. Purkayastha, Exploring the interior of hollow fluorescent carbon nanoparticles, J. Phys. Chem. C 117, 2013, 4260-4267.
(53) A. Maity, S. Das, S. Mandal, P. Gupta and P. Purkayastha, Interaction of
semicarbazide and thiosemicarbazide pyrene derivatives with anionic and
cationic micelles: Changed character of pyrene due to alteration in charge
density induced by the side chains, RSC Adv. 3, 2013, 12384-12389.
(52) T. Das, P. Ghosh, Shanavas M. S., A. Maity, S. Mondal and P. Purkayastha, Protein-templated gold nanoclusters: Size dependent inversion of fluorescence emission in presence of molecular oxygen, Nanoscale 4, 2012, 6018-6024.
(51) P. Ghosh, T. Das, A. Maity and P. Purkayastha, Light induced dynamics of charge transfer probe in lipid vesicles, Soft Matter 8, 2012, 10178-10182.
(50) P. Ghosh, S. Mandal, T. Das, A. Maity, P. Gupta and P. Purkayastha, “Extra stabilisation” of pyrene based molecular couple by g-cyclodextrin in excited electronic state, Phys. Chem. Chem. Phys. 14, 2012, 11500-11507.
(49) P. Purkayastha, S.S. Jaffer and P. Ghosh, Physicochemical perspective of
cyclodextrin nano and micro aggregates, Phys. Chem. Chem. Phys. 14, 2012,
(48) A. Maity, P. Mukherjee, T. Das, P. Ghosh, and P. Purkayastha, Förster resonance energy transfer between pyrene and bovine serum albumin: Effect of the hydrophobic pockets of cyclodextrins, Spectrochim. Acta A 92, 2012, 382-387.
(47) T. Das, P. Ghosh, A. Maity, S. Mondal, Shanavas M. S. and P. Purkayastha, Cyclodextrin cavity size induced formation of superstructures with embedded gold nanoclusters, RSC Adv. 2, 2012, 12210-12215.
(46) A. Sarkar, N. Kedia, P. Purkayastha, and S. Bagchi, Photophysics of two
structurally similar dyes containing substituted amino as donor and carbonyl as acceptor groups, J. Lumin. 132, 2012, 2345-2354.
(45) N. Kedia, A. Sarkar, P. Purkayastha and S. Bagchi, Ketocyanine dyes as sensors for proticity and pH of a medium, Spectrochim. Acta A 95, 2012 569-575.
(44) P. Ghosh, S.S. Jaffer, T. Das, A. Maity, M. Kumar, D. Kumar, and P.
Purkayastha, Solvatochromic study of three indoloquinoline derivatives: Effect of chloro group/s on the photophysics of the compounds, J. Lumin. 131, 2011, 147-154.
(43) P. Ghosh, S.S. Jaffer and P. Purkayastha, Effect of cyclodextrins on the photophysics of three indoloquinoline derivatives: An intriguing fluorometric study, J. Phys. Chem. B 115, 2011, 2046-2054.
(42) A. Maity, S.S. Jaffer, T. Das, P. Ghosh and P. Purkayastha, Orientation of a TICT probe trapped in the peripheral confined water created by ionic surfactant envelope around silver nanoparticles, Langmuir 27, 2011, 4068-4075.
(41) S.S. Jaffer, P. Ghosh, and P. Purkayastha, Mechanistic pathway for controlled extraction of guest molecule bound to herring sperm DNA using α-cyclodextrin, Spectrochim. Acta A 78, 2011, 1587-1591.
(40) A. Sarkar, N. Kedia, P. Purkayastha and S. Bagchi, Synthesis and spectroscopic investigation of a novel solvatochromic dye, J. Lumin. 131, 2011, 1731-1738.
(39) A. Maity, T. Das, P. Ghosh and P. Purkayastha, Compromise between compactness of micelle and overlap integral toward Förster resonance energy transfer from an indoloquinoline derivative to fluorescein: A fluorometric study, Chem. Phys. Lett. 508, 2011, 231-234.
(38) A. Maity, P. Ghosh, S. Mandal, T. Das, P. Gupta and P. Purkayastha, Interaction of a “nido”-ruthenium terpyridylaminecomplex with charged elongated micellar scaffolds, Colloid Surface B 88, 2011, 641– 647.
(37) A. Maity, P. Ghosh, T. Das, J. Dash and P. Purkayastha, Interaction of a new surface sensitive probe compound with anionic surfactants of varying hydrophobic chain length, J. Colloid Interface Sci. 364, 2011, 395-399.
(36) P. Ghosh, A. Maity, T. Das, J. Dash and P. Purkayastha, Modulation of small
molecule induced architecture of cyclodextrin aggregation by guest structure
and host size, J. Phys. Chem. C 115, 2011, 20970-20977.
(35) S.S. Jaffer, and P. Purkayastha, Steady state fluorescence spectroscopic technique revealing the thermodynamics of fragmentation of compound induced α-cyclodextrin nanotubular suprastructures, J. Colloid Interface Sci. 342, 2010, 57-61.
(34) P. Purkayastha, Cu2+ induced charge transfer switch by choosing the right cyclodextrin environment, J. Photochem. Photobiol. A: Chem. 212, 2010, 43-48.
(33) S.S. Jaffer, P. Ghosh, A. Das, and P. Purkayastha, Opening of DNA double helix at room temperature: Application of α-cyclodextrin self-aggregates, Nanoscale 2, 2010, 1420-1422.
(32) T. Das, A. Kumar, P. Ghosh, A. Maity, S.S. Jaffer, and P. Purkayastha, Interaction of twisted intramolecular charge transfer probe loaded silver nanoparticles with the hydrophobic nanocavities of cyclodextrins, J. Phys. Chem. C 114, 2010, 19635-19640.
(31) M. Sowmiya, P. Purkayastha, A. Tiwari, S.S. Jaffer, and S.K. Saha, Characterization of guest molecule concentration dependent nanotubes of β-cyclodextrin and their secondary assembly: Study of trans-2-[4-(dimethylamino)styryl] benzothiazole, a TICT-fluorescent probe, J. Photochem. Photobiol. A: Chem. 205, 2009, 186-196.
(30) S.S. Jaffer, S.K. Saha, and P. Purkayastha, Fragmentation of Molecule-Induced g-cyclodextrin Nanotubular Suprastructures Due to Drug Dosage, J. Colloid Interface Sci. 337, 2009, 294-299.
(29) P. Purkayastha, Formation of compound induced nanotubular suprastructure by cyclodextrins: Application as a molecular carrier, Green Technology, 8, 2009, 60-65.
(28) S.K. Saha, P. Purkayastha, and A.B. Das, Photophysical characterization and effect of pH on the twisted intramolecular charge transfer fluorescence of trans-2-[4-(dimethylamino)styryl] benzothiazole, J. Photochem. Photobiol. A: Chem., 195, 2008, 368-377.
(27) A. Chakrabarty, P. Purkayastha, and N. Chattopadhyay, Laser Induced Optoacoustic Spectroscopy of Benzil: Evaluation of Structural Volume Change upon Photoisomerization, J. Photochem. Photobiol. A: Chem., 198, 2008, 256-261.
(26) S.S. Jaffer, M. Sowmiya, S.K. Saha, and P. Purkayastha, Defining the different phases of premicellar aggregation using the photophysical changes of a surface probing compound, J. Colloid Interface Sci., 325, 2008, 236-242.
(25) S.S. Jaffer, S.K. Saha, G. Eranna, A.K. Sharma, and P. Purkayastha, Intramolecular charge transfer probe induced formation of a-cyclodextrin nanotubular suprastructures: A concentration dependent process, J. Phys. Chem. C, 112, 2008, 11199-11204.
(24) S.K. Saha, P. Purkayastha, A.B. Das, and S. Dhara, Excited state isomerization and effect of viscosity and temperature dependent torsional relaxation on TICT fluorescence of trans-2-[4-(dimethylamino) styryl]benzothiazole, J. Photochem. Photobiol. A: Chem., 199, 2008, 179-187.
(23) P. Purkayastha, D. Das, and S.S. Jaffer, Cyclic voltammetry as a tool to study the nature of cyclodextrin encapsulation: application to nanotubular suprastructure formation, J. Mol. Struct., 892, 2008, 461-465.
(22) A. Chakraborty, A. Mallick, B. Haldar, P. Purkayastha, P. Das and N. Chattopadhyay, Surfactant Chain length Dependent Modulation of Prototropic Transformation of a Biological Photosensitizer: Norharmane in Anionic Micelles, Langmuir, 23, 2007, 4842-4848.
(21) P. Das, A. Mallick, P. Purkayastha, B. Haldar and N. Chattopadhyay, Fluorescence resonance energy transfer from TX-100 to 3-acetyl-4-oxo-6,7dihydro-12H-indolo-[2,3-a]quinolizine in premicellar and micellar environments, J. Mol. Liq., 130, 2007, 48-51.
(20) A. Mallick, P. Purkayastha, and N. Chattopadhyay, Photoprocesses of excited molecules in confined liquid environments: An overview, J. Photochem. Photobiol. C: Photochem. Rev., 8, 2007, 109-127.
(19) Y. Xu, P. Purkayastha, and F. Gai, Nanosecond folding dynamics of a three-stranded b-sheet, J. Am. Chem. Soc., 128, 2006, 15836-15842.
(18) P. Purkayastha and J. Tang, Coupling of a conventional spectrofluorimeter with stopped-flow devices: A simple way to get a stopped-flow fluorescence set-up, Instrumentation Science and Technology, 34, 2006, 555-565.
(17) P. Purkayastha, J. W. Klemke, S. Lavender, R. Oyola, B. Cooperman, and F. Gai, α1-antitrypsin polymerization: a fluorescence correlation spectroscopic study, Biochemistry, 44, 2005, 2642-2649.
(16) B. Haldar, A. Mallick, P. Purkayastha, H. D. Burrows and N. Chattopadhyay, Differential encapsulation of pyrene-end-capped poly(ethylene oxide) by cyclodextrins in aqueous solutions. A fluorometric study, Indian J. Chem. A, 43, 2004, 2265-2273.
(15) P. Purkayastha and N. Chattopadhyay, Theoretical Modeling for the Ground State Rotamerization and Excited State Intramolecular Proton Transfer of 2-(2'-hydroxyphenyl)oxazole, 2-(2'-hydroxyphenyl)imidazole, 2-(2'-hydroxyphenyl)thiazole and Their Benzo Analogues, Int. J. Mol. Sci. 4, 2003, 335-361.
(14) S. Sengupta and P. Purkayastha, A tetraphenylmethane based dendritic tolan anthracene dyad: synthesis and energy transfer properties, Org. Biomol. Chem., 1, 2003, 436-440.
(13) A. Mallick, S. Maiti, B. Haldar, P. Purkayastha and N. Chattopadhyay, Photophysics of 3-acetyl-4-oxo-6,7-dihydro-12H indolo-[2,3-a] quinolizine: emission from two states, Chem. Phys. Lett., 371, 2003, 688-693.
(12) D.A. Tocher, M.G.B. Drew, S. Chowdhury, P. Purkayastha and D. Datta, Mixed ligand binuclear copper (I) complexes containing CuI2N8 chromophores. Observation of emission from MLCT excited states involving two different ligands, Indian J. Chem., 42A, 2003, 484.
(11) P. Purkayastha and N. Chattopadhyay, Rotamerisation and intramolecular proton transfer of 2-(2'-hydroxyphenyl)oxazole, 2-(2'-hydroxyphenyl) imidazole and 2-(2'-hydroxyphenyl) thiazole: A theoretical study; J. Mol. Struct., 604, 2002, 87-99.
(10) P. Purkayastha and N. Chattopadhyay, Photoluminescence of 2-(2'-hydroxy-5'-methylbenzoyl)-1,5-diphenylpyrrole in aqueous and beta-cyclodextrin environments: manifestation of open and closed conformers; J. Mol. Struct., 570, 2001, 145-152.
(9) N. Chattopadhyay, C. Serpa, P. Purkayastha, L. G. Arnaut and S. J. Formosinho, Photocyclization of triphenylamine: an investigation through time-resolved photoacoustic calorimetry; Phys. Chem. Chem. Phys., 3, 2001, 70-73.
(8) P. Purkayastha, S. C. Bera and N. Chattopadhyay Ground and excited state Proton transfer of some carbazole derivatives : A linear correlation between the acidity constant and charge density on the deprotonation centre, J. Mol. Liq., 88/1, 2000, 33-42.
(7) D. Sur, P. Purkayastha and N. Chattopadhyay Photophysics of 1H-1,5-benzo diazepine in aqueous cyclodextrin envionments; Indian J. Chem. A, 39, 2000, 389.
(6) P. Purkayastha and N. Chattopadhyay Role of rotamerization and excited state intramolecular proton transfer in the photophysics of 2-(2'-hydroxyphenyl) benzoxazole, 2-(2'-hydroxyphenyl) benzimidazole and 2-(2'-hydroxyphenyl) benzthiazole : A theoretical Study; Phys. Chem. Chem. Phys., 2, 2000, 203-210.
(5) P. Purkayastha, N. Chattopadhyay, G. K. Patra and D. Datta, Metal ion induced enhancement of emission of an organic fluorophore; Indian J. Chem. A, 39, 2000,375.
(4) D. Sur, P. Purkayastha and N. Chattopadhyay, Kinetics of photoconversion of diphenylamine in beta-cyclodextrin environment; J. Photochem. Photobiol. A: Chem., 134, 2000, 17-21.
(3) D. Sur, P. Purkayastha, S. C. Bera, P. K. Bhattacharyya and N. Chattopadhyay, Effect of cyclodextrin encapsulation on the photocyclization of diphenylamine: cavity imposed steric restriction on the reaction rate; J. Mol. Liq., 89, 2000, 175-188.
(2) P. K. Pal, S. Chowdhury, P. Purkayastha, D. A. Toecher and D. Datta, A novel double-stranded dinuclear copper(I) helicate having a photoluminescent CuI2N8 chromophore; Inorg. Chem. Comm., 3, 2000, 585-589.
(1) P. Purkayastha, P. K. Bhattacharyya, S. C. Bera, and N. Chattopadhyay, Intersystem crossing (ISC) in DMABN and DMABA : Laser induced optoacoustic spectroscopy and semiempirical (AM1) calculations; Phys. Chem. Chem. Phys., 1, 1999, 3253-3258.